Friday, October 15, 2010

The Waiting Game

Well, we have completed just about everything needed on our end to make this adoption possible. All the paperwork is filled out, the home study is done, the TB tests and blood work are complete..... now we wait.

If you know me very well, you know that waiting is not my thing. I like to take charge and get things done when and how I want them done. So sitting here, waiting for a phone call, wondering if this is really going to happen, hoping we have done everything right, is driving me crazy!!! I had three different people tell me the same thing last week... now is the time to "be still, and know that He is God". So, that is what I'm trying to do.

Our potential birthmom is scheduled for induction the first week of November, so we have three weeks at the longest to wait. The hardest part about waiting is the unknown. Is she going to change her mind, is the dad going to contest, is this really what God wants us to do?? All these questions run through my head. We are going to meet the birthmom on Tuesday, and I am super nervous! Will she call and cancel, will she like us, will I say the wrong thing to her? So many questions!!!! Please pray with us that God would calm my anxious heart, and give me a peace about his plan for us! Pray that God would make His path so clear to us, the birthmom, the birthfather, and the agency, that all would be of one mind and spirit!

I leave you with that for now... there is so much more I could tell right now, but just thinking about it scares me!

2 comments:

  1. Watching your story with anticipation.

    We're not making any decisions for a while but after two horrible pregnancies Nick is thinking adoption looks pretty good :) (but we'd be doing a foreign adoption)

    Praying for y'all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading these updates! It is amazing to see what God is doing in your lives right now. :) We will continue to be praying.

    ReplyDelete