Saturday, June 25, 2011

This is the Day the Lord has Made

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!

This was the verse we used at our wedding 4 years ago. We chose it because we felt that God had set that day aside for Tim and I from the beginning of time. He ordained that day to be the day we gave our lives to each other until death do us part.

Today, 4 years later, we believe that God made this day to be the day we would bring home our son. We believe God has had this day planned for us and Cody from the beginning of time.

2 1/2 years ago, as I lay in bed so sick during my pregnancy, I begged God to take the sickness away. I felt like He had abandoned me, like He didn't really care about me. He could have taken my sickness away with just a thought. I was angry. Today, as we prepare to go meet our son I feel like God is finally giving me HIS answer to that prayer... He knew that if I had not been sick to the point of never wanting to be pregnant again, we would not be getting ready to meet our precious baby boy today! At the time, I just could not see His bigger picture. Laura Story, a Christian musician, wrote a song called "Blessings", and it spoke volumes to me this week!

Here is an excerpt:

We pray for wisdom
Your voice to hear
And we cry in anger when we cannot feel You near
We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough
All the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights
Are what it takes to know You’re near
And what if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise

Our birthparents are getting ready to be discharged from the hospital as I type. They are going to take Cody up to our adoption agency to sign the paperwork. Once the paperwork is signed, we will go and meet with them at the agency. After a brief placement ceremony, (I'm crying as I try to type this so don't mind the typos--I cant see the screen!) this sweet young couple is going to place their only child, the child that they love so much, in our arms, give him a kiss, and walk out the door. My mommy heart is breaking for them today. It is going to be a very bitter sweet time. Our joy is coming from their pain, and my heart aches for them! I just can't imagine..............

Please pray for them today! They are going to experience a pain no parent should ever have to feel.  The beauty of an open adoption is that this is not a forever goodbye. They will be getting pictures and letters, and will get to see him once or twice a year at agency sponsored functions, but it still doesn't soften the blow or fill the hole in their life after today. Please pray for strength today!

Thank you so much for supporting us on this journey!!! The funny thing is, this is just the beginning!

1 comment:

  1. Praying this morning!

    The birthmom is heavy on my heart. I know what it's like to recover from labor without a baby to hold. :(

    Praying for strength and peace for all of y'all.

    ReplyDelete